Snooker pundit Neal Foulds has said Stephen Hendry might have to earn his way to play in front of the TV cameras once again when he sensationally resumes his playing career.
The seven times world champion, who retired in 2012, stunned the world of snooker earlier this month when he announced his comeback to the professional game after accepting an invitational tour card from World Snooker Tour chairman Barry Hearn.
It is not yet known when Hendry will be making his first competitive match in the world of snooker this season.
His shock announcement came after the draw for the Championship League event was made and he was not in the draw for the European Masters, which began on Monday.
While commentating on Judd Trump’s first round match against teenager Iulian Boiko, commentator and good friend Neal Foulds said Hendry might have to play his first matches back away away from the cameras.
Foulds said: “We’ve not seen Stephen Hendry yet but had he entered here it would have been very interesting to know what they (World Snooker Tour) would have done with him.
“This anticipated comeback he is making, (would they have) just dumped him on Table 7 where’s there’s no cameras. What’s the point in that? But that’s unfortunately what would have happened.
“They are not going to leapfrog him onto the main table ahead of a Trump or an O’Sullivan are they? When he does make his comeback it might not be all glamour.
“When he does decide to comeback he will have to sort of do the hard yards on the outside tables I think. I’m not sure a high ranked player is going to give up the main table for him as much as we would all like to see it.”
What do you think of Stephen Hendry’s comeback?